Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Anna - Earthquake


As I turned the corner the scene of destruction was immense, buildings in ruins like big-foot had just strolled across them. Dust enveloped like a winter’s cloak, as the bitter taste of coal lingered on my tongue. The revolting smell of smoke filled my nostrils while the deafening silence frightened me; it was like all noise had been taken out of everybody. Cones and large gates had been placed attentively around houses badly damaged from the earthquake. People wandered aimlessly around the perimeter fence, stunned as they tried to make sense of it all. Disaster was etched on every face.

                                   By Anna 

1 comment:

  1. Love your use of descriptive words, I Definitely had a picture in my head of what it looked like.

    ReplyDelete