Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Riley - The breeze


I peered out my window, outside the stiff breeze had turned into a ferocious wind. I even saw an old man violently being pushed off his rusty, half broken bike! I was so frightened that I fell off my three legged chair. I was thinking of what to do next when the dangerous wind blew off the top of my roof, I yelled “HELP”. But the wind and everyone else was making so much noise nobody could hear me. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. But it was like the powerful wind was chasing me. Then the wind tornado like got me…..     

By Riley

1 comment:

  1. Hello Riley
    This is a good story, but you haven't quite got the prompt correctly. It was 'but the ferocious wind'. You could have inserted the word 'ferocious' into the sentence after HELP and that would have been fine.

    Never mind, but next time do try and write the prompt exactly as it's written. That is part of the challenge. :)

    Anyway, you conjure up a good windy atmosphere in your story what with the man being blown off his bike, the roof coming off and the noise. I also like the sentence 'But it was like the powerful wind was chasing me'. This is a marvellously vivid image and I could just imagine you rushing around unable to escape the clutches of the wind.

    Well done and keep up the good work.
    Sarah Team 100WC
    Montpellier, France

    ReplyDelete