Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Blake - The contest

One autumn day, the sun and the wind were arguing about who was the strongest.  Along came a man who was going for a stroll.

The wind said “I bet I could blow that man’s jacket off”.  The wind blew as hard as he could.  The man held on to his jacket, but the ferocious wind didn’t give up, he blew harder.  Still the jacket stayed on.  The sun said “let me try”.  So he made it boiling hot, but the man used his umbrella to protect him from the heat.  In the end, no one won, except the man, who took his jacket off himself to go indoors.  

By Blake

2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake,

    Thank you for entering the 100 Word Challenge, I enjoyed reading your writing. I like the way you have used a well known fable and turned it into your own short story.

    Well done!
    Mrs Stones - Bradford, U.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have good descriptive language

    By Adam

    ReplyDelete