Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Week 5 The little brown box by Charlotte

As I skipped along the crooked path on my way home from school I noticed a little brown box on the side of the path. I don’t know why I took any interest in it but I did. I approached it curious of what what was inside. I lifted the cardboard flaps to find that underneath was a small flamingo that was as black as a night mist. It was extraordinary to see its miniature head poke out. As it stood up it got bigger but not to big. It ran into the bushes and when I got home i told my mum about it but she just told me that we don't have flamingos where we live. Yeah right!

By charlotte

1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlotte. I really liked this story! I can just imagine how startled you were when you opened the box to discover a black flamingo. You've described it very well with your comparison - 'as black as night mist'. Your last sentence of only two words lead me to believe you don't believe your mum!

    ReplyDelete